Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Arcane Golf Trivia

Here's some nonesense you can amuse your friends with the next time there's a lull in the conversation. I'm sure you'll be the hit of the party.

Originally, golfers teed the ball on the green of the hole they had just completed. This practice was phased out during the 18th century for the darn good reason that the greens were being chewed to pieces by clubheads digging into the turf. They then got wise and moved the players to a special teeing area near but not on the green.

I would love to find a tee box with the grass as nice as the greens (although some greens I've played on look like the fairway).

Golf Times

5 Comments:

Blogger used-callaway-girl said...

Can U help me with my backswing? :-)

lol

get a tee time here
golf course tee times see you on the first hold ;-)

mandy

6:15 PM  
Blogger golf_gurls2005 said...

get last minute tee times right now! ok M tb

10:05 PM  
Blogger golf_gurls2005 said...

exclusive to Arcane Golf Trivia bloggers from M tb .... last minute tee times http://www.e-golf.us/Last-Minute-Tee-Times.html

10:30 PM  
Blogger golf_gurls20052 said...

get golf tee times right now! ok M tb

10:16 PM  
Blogger All about Golf said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a golf cart cover site/blog. It pretty much covers golf cart cover related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

|
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com