Monday, October 03, 2005

Golf Phenom, Michelle Wie Will Turn Pro on Wed and Become An Instant Millionaire

Is Michelle giving up her dream to play in the Masters? I think she is. She's stated that was one of her goals and her plan to get there was to win the men's US Amateur (or take 2nd which also gets an invite). Turning pro will seal off that avenue. Her only other way now would be to earn a spot through playing on the PGA tour. I'm sure she'll get some chances to play on the men's tour but she'll never win enough to sniff a chance to play at the Masters. It's a shame, I would have enjoyed watching her play there.

Anyway, she's now turning pro and word is she's signed deals with Nike and Sony which will earn her a cool 10 mill. Not a bad piece of scratch. I wonder how Annika feels about that since she's won 9 majors and only (ONLY) makes 6 mill in endorsement money per year. You can read about it at CBS Sports .

Golf Times

1 Comments:

Blogger Sports Junky said...

I agree,

I love Golf. and recently I have bought stock in it. Not like real stock on Wall street, but a stock market that is strictly for sports.

You have seen it? Its pretty cool. You buy issues for your favorite golfers and you make real money. Not like a fake stock simulator. I cash out Dividends each time your golfer plays in a tournament. Also I can sell my players stock when the price goes up.

check it out if something like this interests you.
heres a link http://allsportstrading.com

This site has lots of data about dividends and game pots and golfers. It also has alot of information about how the market works.



See you there!
-Erik

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

|
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com