Monday, January 30, 2006

Did You See the Look on Olazabal's Face?

Man that was priceless. It was at this weekend's Buick Invitational. Olazabal has finished his round at 10 under and is over at the driving range anticipating a playoff with Nathan Green and whoever else can join them at -10. He knows Tiger is on the 18th and needs to birdie to get into the playoff. Tiger sinks a 10 footer to birdie and the crowd roars. The cameras quick cut to Olazabal and you should have seen his face. It was was like he was saying "You gotta be kidding me, now he's in the playoff - I'm screwed!" It was so obvious, he was beaten before he even started. I'm surprised he didn't just go immediately to his curtisy car and head home. Sure enough Nathan bogeys the first playoff hole and Olazabal bogeys the next one while Woods parred both. He didn't even have to birdie to win.

I thought these guys were over this intimidation thing with Tiger? I guess not.

Golf Times

4 Comments:

Blogger mediaguru @ HookedOnGolfBlog.com said...

That look was classic. How about this? You are in your 2nd PGA event and you go into a playoff. One playoff opponent has won TWO Masters and countless other PGA and European Tour events.... Oh and the other guy in the playoff is some hack named Tiger.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Mattb said...

I didn't see any special look from Nathan but by the way he played that hole after his perfect drive said it all. I can't remember the last time I saw someone screw up that badly in a playoff. It's a shame, I was rooting for him.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Mattb said...

By the way, I still haven't tried the tip for getting into the correct posture. I'll let you know when I do.

11:12 PM  
Blogger All About Golf said...

Hi, Thanks for your interesting blog. Keep up the great work! I also have a site & blog about mini golf, please feel free to visit.

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

|
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com