Tuesday, February 21, 2006

What Happened to Couples?

He was right there, in the last round, on Sunday, coming down the stretch with a share of the lead then he self destructed. Good old Fred, a two-time champion of this event, bogeyed three of the last four holes to shoot 71 and ended the day alone in fourth place at 10-under-par 274.

The whole debacle was typified on the par 3, 16th. "That was just a really bad shot," said Couples of his tee shot on 16. "I did not want to hit it left, and hit it the other way and got a lucky bounce into the bunker." But he couldn't get up and down and fell further back. The final insult came on the 18th when he 3 putted from the fringe.

I'm like most people, I like Fred and anytime I see him in contention I'm pulling for him. I'd like to see him keep it together for a full 4 rounds one time and recapture some of that old Freddy magic.

Golf Times

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

|
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com