Thursday, May 04, 2006

Tiger's Mentor, Role Model, Best Friend And Dad Dies At 74

I'm sure to some degree Tiger was prepared for this day, as much as you can be, due to his father's failing health for much of the last 20 years. That still doesn't ease the pain of losing someone as close to you as his dad was to him.

The Golf Channel had this to say:

Woods, 74, had his first heart attack in 1986 and since then has had several more heart attacks, multiple bypass surgeries, prostate cancer and diabetes.

Tiger made the announcement on his website, saying, "I’m very saddened to share the news of my father’s passing at home early this morning.

"My dad was my best friend and greatest role model, and I will miss him deeply. I’m overwhelmed when I think of all of the great things he accomplished in his life. He was an amazing dad, coach, mentor, soldier, husband and friend. I wouldn’t be where I am today without him, and I’m honored to continue his legacy of sharing and caring.

"Thank you to all who are sending condolences to my family and our Foundation. We are truly blessed to have so many who care during this difficult time."

You can read the rest of the article here.

It will be interesting to see how Tiger reactes to this life changing event in his life. The first chance we'll get to see will be at the US Open.

Golf Times

1 Comments:

Blogger scorpio said...

Hi, Im doing some research into various themes around golf such as 'golf holiday'. I need to find more contributors. I've found some at golf holiday but I need more ideas on where to look. Any ideas?
Thank you

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

|
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com